Sound Workshops with adults and with children
These workshops focus on the act of deep listening, then offer practical skills in recording and editing natural and other sounds to create soundscapes and podcasts. For Reception and Year 1 pupils, a range of interpretation methods are included, especially painting and drawing.
Previous one/two day workshops with children include:
- Prince Rock Primary School, Plymouth, with Take a Part & Reverberations
- Med Theatre Moretonhampstead (above, left)
- Various schools in the Costwolds in collaboration with Cotswold Rangers (Avon Valley AONB)
- St. Peters School, Exeter
- Eggbuckland Community College, Plymouth
- I also undertook two 3 month residencies at Ysgol Penrhyncoch (Aberystwyth 2018) and Ysgol Glan y Mor (above, centre) Burry Port (Llanelli 2017) as part of the Lead Creative Schools scheme run by Arts Council Wales, the results of which won the Digital Excellence Award from the Welsh Schools Heritage Initiative. (Welsh is my second language)
Workshops for adults have included a range of participatory events for Fringe Arts Bath, and a series of nature/sound walks for Walk Scilly (above, right).
Please contact me to enquire about workshops for your school/group.